The Bridle Path Toronto Real Estate
THE BRIDLE PATH...an exclusive enclave of Multi-Million Dollar Mansions, Estates and Palatial Palaces Homes and Houses situated on 2 - 4 acre lots. Often referred to "Millionaire's Row", it sprawls a couple of Streets - The Bridle Path, Park Lane Circle and Post Road. It is one of the most affluent Real Estate in Toronto neighbourhoods. Most of the properties are gated.
These streets have no curbs and many speed bumps to deter traffic from flowing through, however it is a shortcut from Lawrence Avenue to Bayview Avenue. Many of the homes are hidden from street view and the only thing you seeing are winding driveways. Seeing new Construction is common as many of the older estate homes are being replaced with Palatial Palaces. The home styles vary from Contemporary to Palatial Palaces.
The Bridle Path dates back to Alexander Milne in 1827. He settled his family and built his business - Wool and Saw Mills along the side of Wilket Creek on the site that we now know as Edwards Garden until 1932 when low water supply forced him to move east along the Don River. For almost 100 years, this area was considered nothing more than farm land.
When the Bayview Bridge was constructed over the steep Don River Valley in 1929, this area was first considered for residential real estate development. Hubert Bull Page registered plans for subdivision and began building the first house in The Bridle Path hoping to build an exclusive enclave of highly valued Toronto Real Estate.
Boarded by Leslie Street to the East, Bayview Avenue to the West, York Mills to the North and just south of Lawrence Avenue to Sunnybrook Park.
Close to Shopping, Transit, Transportation, Fine Dining, Recreation and Parks, The Bridle Path is a sought after Toronto neighbourhood for the fabulously rich.
There are two Popular Parks bordering the Bridle Path, Toronto. The first one is the creation of Rupert Edwards, a Toronto Businessman who bought the Edwards' Garden property to fulfill his dream of “a place in the country…..with wide open spaces all around, with plenty of room to move and breath”. Edwards transformed the property into a glorious garden, boasting one of the largest rockeries in Canada, a private 9-hole golf course and a safe haven for the abundant wildlife. Ten years later, when the city began to encroach upon the property, Edwards decided to sell. Wanting to preserve the estate as a public park, he sold it to the then Metro (Toronto) Council. In 1956, Edwards Gardens was opened to the public and the Garden Club of Toronto shared Milne House facilities with The Federation of Ontario Naturalists. The Garden Club dreamed of establishing a center which would provide horticultural information to Torontonians; the Toronto Botanical Garden was the result of that dream.
The second is Sunnybrook Park which is a large, beautiful Public Park. full of winding trails under bridges and along side winding Don River. Sunnybrook Farm was originally the 154-hectare country estate of Joseph Kilgour in the late 1800s. It extended east from Bayview Avenue to Leslie Street above Glenvale Boulevard and encompassed the Burke Ravine, (named after Edward and Jonas Burke).
The Toronto Field Naturalists opened the first urban wilderness trail in Canada at Sunnybrook Park in 1930. In 1994, wildflowers, ferns, shrubs and trees were planted along a series of interpretive trails.
Sunnybrook Stables is a teaching facility instructing students in English riding in both Hunter and Dressage on an excellent selection of school horses, ranging from novice to advanced levels. You can find students negotiate a course of fences or spend enjoyable hours hacking in the park. Just watch out for those droppings!
Mansions, Palatial Palaces, Luxury Detached and Condos,
Parks, Schools, Shopping, Points of Interest, Banks and more ...